GSM Intercoms (65)
What is a GSM Intercom?
A GSM intercom is a wireless system that relies on mobile phone technology. The system makes it easier to speak to visitors who come to your property and allows them access even if you’re away.
The system is connected to a landline or mobile phone (the GSM intercom can be linked to several phones in case the call isn’t answered). When a visitor is at your gate, they push a button that activates the GSM system to make a call. The person who receives the call can press a button to allow the visitors to pass through the gate.
The GSM intercom offers more security and makes it appear that someone is home or on the property. Visitors are not allowed to pass through the gate if the phone call is not answered.
The Benefits of a GSM Intercom?
A GSM system offers many benefits, including the following:
- Allows for communication with visitors, as long as you have phone signal away from the property (in this case, the GSM intercom is connected to a mobile phone).
- You don’t need to be home to speak to visitors and open your gate—the call can be rejected or accepted by pressing the number keys.
- Grant or revoke access using mobile apps from anywhere in the world.
- Save money by not having to buy an expensive remote control for extended family, friends, and employees.
- Less cabling is needed compared to the standard audio or video kit to a handset.
- Phone app for easy management, whether to open gates, change keypad codes, add time restrictions, or change users.
- Depending on usage, you can choose between a pay-as-you-go SIM or a monthly contract.
These are the main benefits of a GSM intercom system for a gate. Let’s take a closer look to see why the systems are such a huge benefit.
The GSM intercom provides you with more convenience than other types of systems. You have the ability to answer gate calls from anywhere around the world! That means you can respond to gate calls from work, while on vacation, when out running errands, and more. Of course, you can also answer gate calls when you’re home. But you see what we mean. You can respond to anyone requesting entry to your property easily and quickly from any place that has cell service.
When using a digital GSM gate intercom, its possible to associate the gate’s operation with up to 500 users and phone numbers. That makes this system beneficial to offices, business parks, and residential use. With the GSM intercom, you have more control over your business or your home.
Finally, traditional gate systems require remote controls or fobs, which can be expensive. On the other hand, the GSM gate intercom relies on mobile phones that most of us have these days. There’s no extra expense involved with the GSM gate intercom system.
As you can see, GSM gate intercom systems are cost-effective and easy to use. They rely on connecting the system to one or more mobile phones. When someone’s at the gate, they simply push a button requesting access to your property. Your mobile phone receives a message, and you push a button to either grant access or deny the request.
No matter where you are, you have control over who has access to your property. Not only do you have more convenience with a GSM intercom, but it also provides more security for your business or family.